With the conclusion of COP27 this past November in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, on this episode of Fixed on ESG, PGIM Fixed Income’s John Ploeg, CFA, Co-Head of ESG Research, has invited Birgit Lundem Jakobsen, Senior ESG Analyst, to join him in highlighting the major takeaways from the conference. These include:
- updates to some of the nationally determined contributions (NDCs);
- this year’s main communique, the Sharm El-Sheikh Implementation Plan;
- developments around adaptation and loss and damage discussions;
- “blended finance” as a possible solve for some climate financing needs; and
- a new idea called Climate Resilience Debt Clauses (CRDCs).
John and Birgit close their discussion with some thoughts on the future of these climate change COPs and highlight another major COP listeners ought to know about.
Recorded on December 14, 2022.