- The Global Impact Credit Strategy simultaneously seeks benchmark outperformance and positive environmental and social impact by seeking to invest in durable, growing businesses with measurable impact criteria.
- Our investment philosophy is centered around creating a material and measurable impact through our investments, while also promoting impact through our scale and resources and through collaborating with clients to achieve desired, long‑term outcomes.
- Our fundamental research platform and dedicated responsible investing (RI) team—which is focused on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues—provide the breadth of resources and global perspective necessary in building a positive impact portfolio.
- Collaboration across our fixed income, equity, responsible investing, and quantitative research teams yields opportunities to exploit inefficiencies across credit markets.
- Security selection begins with issuers that have a clearly identified positive impact thesis aligned with at least one of our impact pillars—climate and resource impact, social equity and quality of life, and sustainable innovation and productivity. These pillars are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
- We quantify impact outcomes individually and collectively as we translate intentionality into a defined impact measurement framework.
- Our investment process isn’t limited to ESG‑labeled debt. We look to a broad opportunity set, spanning across the corporate and credit universe to identify the highest impact‑aligned issuers.
- Engagement is a crucial tool to enhance our impact analysis of a company. We typically seek to understand how an issuer is progressing on its impact journey as well as partner with them to accelerate that journey and achieve desired outcomes.